Ready to unite in the fight against censorship? Banned Books Week is September 23-29. Here are five quick and effective ways to get involved:
1) Check out and read a banned book.
2) Post a picture of your favorite banned book on Instagram or Twitter.
3) Write a letter to the editor of your school or local paper about a banned book that changed your life.
4) Reach out to the author of a banned book and share some love.
5) Host a virtual or live banned book read-in with your friends!
6) Attend our Teen Zone Expanded on Sept. 26 to create buttons and crafts that celebrate reading banned books.