Library Card Registration
Please note: This form is for new library cards only. For replacement card(s), please bring your photo ID to the Accounts Desk at the library.
Any resident of Northeast Kansas is eligible to obtain a library card at no charge. Anyone 18 years and older may apply using the online registration option. A parent or guardian of a child under 18 must apply on behalf of their child. Please complete this application and visit the Accounts Desk to pick up your new card. When you visit you will need to bring:
- A valid photo ID | This can be in the form of any state driver’s license, state ID, passport, military ID, or student ID.
- Proof of address | This may include an ID with current address, a piece of postmarked mail (such as a bill), a lease agreement, a check, a pay stub, an official change of address letter, or an e-bill (displayed on your smartphone). The applicant’s or applicant’s guardian’s name must appear on the proof of address.
- If applying for a child, parent or guardian must bring the child to the library when picking up the card.
This application is a contract between you and the library. Please read the following carefully before applying.
- I am a resident of Northeast Kansas, opens a new window.
- I will alert the library if my contact information changes.
- I accept responsibility for all fees assessed on my or my minor child’s card items never returned, and items returned damaged or missing parts. Excessively delinquent accounts may be handed over to a collection agency. (Borrowers Information, opens a new window)
- I am responsible for keeping track of my due dates. I understand that any notices sent out by the library are a courtesy only and failure to receive them does not excuse me from any charges.
- I am responsible for whatever is borrowed with my card. I will alert the library if my card is lost or stolen. I am responsible for any activity prior to my report.