While many tax forms can be printed from the IRS website, employer returns such as W-2 and information returns such as 1099-MISC must be ordered from the IRS. Please consult the following information for access to additional forms and tax assistance.
January 27, 2020: The IRS begins accepting tax returns
April 15, 2020: Tax return filing deadlineUPDATE: Tax Day is now July 15, 2020
Federal tax forms, instruction booklets and supplemental forms are available online at www.irs.gov/forms-instructions or can be requested at 1-800-829-3676.
Local IRS Offices:
(785) 235-3053 or (844) 545-5640
120 S.E. Sixth Ave., Topeka, KS 66603
Overland Park Office:
(816) 966-2840 or (844) 545-5640
6717 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66202
Topeka Virtual Assistance
Telephone assistance for individuals: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040; Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time
To order forms by mail: 1-800-829-3676 or http://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/order-products
Kansas State Tax Forms and Publications: https://www.ksrevenue.org/forms-ii.html
Kansas Taxpayer Assistance Center: (785) 368-8222, firstname.lastname@example.org, Scott State Office Building, 120 S.E. 10th St., Topeka, KS
- File electronically: https://www.ksrevenue.org/iiwebfile.html
- Additional contact information: https://www.ksrevenue.org/taxcontact.html
- Kansas Tax Form Requests: leave a voicemail at (785) 296-4937, or email KDOR_forms@ks.gov
Note: At this time, free in-person local tax help has been suspended indefinitely until the health situation improves.
We will update this page as information changes.
Taxpayers are encouraged to seek other options immediately—don’t wait until July just because the deadline is pushed back.There is an info number to call for updates from our local AARP Tax Aide program: 785-813-1136
Taxpayers are encouraged to try out the IRS Free File site (https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/opens a new window) , as well as the free KS filing site (www.kstaxaide.comopens a new window ).
- United Way and H&R Block offer free online tax prep and filing via MyFreeTaxes
- If your household earned less than $66,000 in 2019, you can file both your federal and state returns for FREE
- This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit and includes both State and Federal filing and any type of filing whether self-employment, contract labor, investment income, etc.
- FAQ can be found at MyFreeTaxes.com/support