Important Dates: City and School Board Elections
- June 3, 2019: Last day for candidates to file at Douglas County Clerk's Office
- October 15, 2019: Last day to register to vote in the 2019 general election
- October 16, 2019: Advance voting by mail and in person begins
- October 29, 2019: Deadline to request an advance ballot to be mailed
- November 4, 2019: Advance voting closes at noon
- November 5, 2019: General election
The Douglas County Clerk’s Office is responsible for overseeing all national, state and local elections conducted in Douglas County.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 785-832-5267
Getting Registered to Vote: State and Local Elections
- Registering in Douglas County to vote in State and Local Elections
- Advance Voting in Douglas County
- Check your voter registration status
- KSVotes.org: Register to vote, update your registration, or check your voter registration.
Finding Your Polling Place
Getting Registered to Vote: Federal Elections
- Voter Registration Deadlines
- Voter Eligibility Requirements and Voter Registration for Federal Elections
Researching Candidates and Issues
Looking for reliable information on political candidates and issues? Want to know who is running for office? Try these resources!
What’s on the ballot?: The list of candidates for local city and school board offices.
Lawrence Journal-World Candidate Profiles:
Lawrence City Commission
USD 497 School Board
Interested in being a poll worker in Douglas County? Click here for requirements and application information.
Interested in running for office in Kansas or Douglas County? Click here for forms and filing information.