- June 3, 2019: Last day for candidates to file at Douglas County Clerk's Office
- October 15, 2019: Last day to register to vote in the 2019 general election
- October 16, 2019: Advance voting by mail and in person begins
- October 29, 2019: Deadline to request an advance ballot to be mailed
- November 4, 2019: Advance voting closes at noon
- November 5, 2019: General election
The Douglas County Clerk’s Office is responsible for overseeing all national, state and local elections conducted in Douglas County.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 785-832-5267
Getting Registered to Vote: State and Local Elections
- Registering in Douglas County to vote in State and Local Elections
- Advance Voting in Douglas County
- Check your voter registration status
- KSVotes.org: Register to vote, update your registration, or check your voter registration.
Finding Your Polling Place
Getting Registered to Vote: Federal Elections
- Voter Registration Deadlines
- Voter Eligibility Requirements and Voter Registration for Federal Elections
Researching Candidates and Issues
Looking for reliable information on political candidates and issues? Want to know who is running for office? Try these resources!
What’s on the ballot?: The list of candidates for local city and school board offices.
Also on the ballot this year is a proposed amendment to the Kansas Constitution that would eliminate the adjustment of Kansas census numbers.
- Click here for a summary of the Census adjustment amendment.
- Click here for the language of the amendment that will appear on the 2019 ballot.
City Commission Candidate Forums
- Lawrence-Douglas County Health Department City Commission Candidate Forum
- Chamber of Commerce City Commission Candidate Forum (YouTube playlist)
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share views on growth policies, incentives, and other issues
- Lawrence City Commission candidates discuss how they would support downtown businesses
- Lawrence City Commission candidates say what they would do to make the city more equitable
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share their views on budget, sidewalks, and recreation facility fees
- Lawrence City Commission candidates mostly agree on environmental issues, Parks and Rec at forum
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share their ideas for addressing affordable housing
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share priorities for addressing housing issues
- Lawrence City Commission candidates discuss their vision in their own words
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share their views on addressing city infrastructure maintenance
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share views on addressing climate change
- Lawrence City Commission candidates share ideas on supporting the indigenous community
Lawrence City Commission
- Stuart Boley
- Ken Easthouse
- Brad Finkeldai
- Joey Hentzler
- Rob Sands
- Courtney Shipley
USD 497 School Board
- Carole Cadue-Blackwood
- Erica Hill
- Shannon Kimball
- Thea Perry
- Paula Smith
Interested in being a poll worker in Douglas County? Click here for requirements and application information.
Interested in running for office in Kansas or Douglas County? Click here for forms and filing information.