NOTICE: Due to COVID-19, library art exhibits are on hold until further notice. When submissions are open again, we will announce in our enewsletter and social media channels.
If you would like to be added to our enewsletter, send your first and last name and email address to Heather Kearns, LPL Marketing Cordinator at email@example.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for regular library news and event updates.
Hello, local artists! The library's art spaces strive to be:
- A showcase for local artists — from novice to professional — living in Lawrence or Douglas County
- A place for diversity of opinion, voice, and perspective
- A place that generates conversation
- A place that reflects our community as a whole
- A place that inspires us to learn, connect, create, and grow
Locations. We have four areas available for individual or group exhibitions:
- Self-Check Lobby Wall / 1-month duration
- West Interior Wall / duration is negotiable
- Concrete Fins / duration is negotiable
- Atrium (free-standing or 3D work) / duration is negotiable
Is your work a good fit? Before you submit:
- Review our Exhibit & Display Policies
- Review our 2D Exhibition Guidelines
- Check our Art/Community Display Calendar to confirm available dates
Ready to apply?
- Fill out the Art Exhibit Application below
- Upload three images (PNG, JPG, or PDF) of your artwork in the application
We'll need at least 60 days advance notice to review applications. If you have exhibited here before, please allow 5 years before submitting your work again. Preference will be given to individual artists who have never exhibited before at the library.