Hello, local artists! The library's art spaces strive to be:
- A showcase for local artists — from novice to professional — living in Lawrence or Douglas County
- A place for diversity of opinion, voice, and perspective
- A place that generates conversation
- A place that reflects our community as a whole
- A place that inspires us to learn, connect, create, and grow
Locations. We have four areas available for individual or group exhibitions:
- Self-Check Lobby Wall / 1-month duration
- West Interior Wall / duration is negotiable
- Concrete Fins / duration is negotiable
- Atrium (free-standing or 3D work) / duration is negotiable
Is your work a good fit? Before you submit:
- Review our Exhibit & Display Policies
- Review our 2D Exhibition Guidelines
- Check our Art/Community Display Calendar to confirm available dates
Ready to apply?
- Fill out the Art Exhibit Application below
- Upload three images (PNG, JPG, or PDF) of your artwork in the application
Email our Marketing Assistant, Molly, at email@example.com.
We'll need at least 60 days advance notice to review applications. If you have exhibited here before, please allow 5 years before submitting your work again. Preference will be given to individual artists who have never exhibited before at the library.