Do you love libraries? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 785-843-3833 x 126 or via email at email@example.com.
Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Part Time Accounts Assistant
Lawrence Public Library is seeking someone obsessed with great customer service. If you love smiling, helping others, and making a difference in people’s lives, this job is for you.
Here’s what we’ll need you to do:
- Greet patrons and provide assistance at the Accounts Desk, checkout stations, and phone room.
- Answer basic information and account questions in person, by phone, and online.
- Assist patrons in understanding policies, programs, technology, and other services offered by the library.
- Help maintain and update patron records and issue new library cards.
- Collect library fees and accurately record monies received.
- Receive and respond to patron inquiries, complaints, concerns, and suggestions.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Participate in department meetings, special projects, and other related meetings.
- Provide backup to other library staff as needed.
- Provide outstanding customer service and protect patron privacy.
- Learn and master basic tasks required to operate the library’s circulation software, self-checkout machines, and automated sorter.
- Value teamwork and work well with others.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Public library experience.
- The ability to regularly pick up extra hours to cover absences within the department.
If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. This position is 12 hours a week including Sunday 12-6 and Monday 3-9. Typically there will be opportunities to pick up extra hours each month.
The hourly rate is $14.27. No benefits come with this position.
Preference will be given to applications received by Friday December 14th.
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.