If you wait for Greyhound inside the library, you could miss your bus. With all the city buses out front, it would fit right in, but it doesn't.
IMPORTANT: Greyhound lists this bus stop location as 707 Vermont Street, but it actually stops on the north side of the library at the corner of 7th Street and Vermont Street across from the post office (see image).
WAITING FOR THE BUS
INSIDE: If it's dark or the weather is bad and you want to wait inside the library, you are welcome to do so. Just note your bus arrival time and walk to the stop at least 10 minutes early.
OUTSIDE: If the library is closed and you're waiting for the bus, feel free to take advantage of the bench located behind the library on the west side of the building. Just note your bus arrival time and walk to the stop at least 10 minutes early.
- Greyhound provides service to Lawrence three times a day on its route between Topeka and Kansas City, and connects to thousands of cities across the country.
- The Lawrence Public Library is not affiliated with Greyhound Bus services. However, we’re happy to assist with printing bus tickets or directing you to bus information.
- Greyhound tickets can’t be purchased from the driver, but the driver has the option of holding a rider’s ID and taking them to the next bus station to pay. Totally up to the driver, depending on space, etc., but there are no guarantees.
- Order online with credit card and print your ticket. We can help print tickets for $0.15 / page.
- Order online and pay with cash at ACE Cash Express — Located in shopping center at corner of 6th and Kasold
- Order from Greyhound at 1-800-231-2222, then pay with cash at ACE Cash Express.