As we're getting into the swing of things in this pandemic (what a weird thing to type), some of us are feeling more like revisiting our old friends - books. They're friends we don't have to sit 6ft apart from, and we might need them right now. Polli and Kate share some books they've been hearing others rave about, most of which are available digitally on Hoopla and/or Libby!
On Tuesday afternoons at 4pm (Central), the Book Squad is offering BYOBB - Bring Your Own Book & Beverage - on Zoom (click the link for the Zoom info!) During the hour, anyone and everyone is welcome to get on and share what you've been reading... or just listen if you don't want to share! Afterward, a Book Squadder compiles a list on Bibliocommons of all that was discussed. Here are some of the previous weeks' lists.
Note - there are LOTS of things to add to your to-read pile here. You may want to sign into your Bibliocommons account first so you can easily add items to your "For Later" shelf.
BYOBB Part 1 • BYOBB Part 2 • BYOBB Part 3 • BYOBB Part 4 • BYOBB Part 5
Some of the books Polli and Kate chatted about in this episode are:
- Xeni: A Marriage of Inconvenience
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek (ebook and e-audio)
- The Giver of Stars (ebook and e-audio)
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and the Teachings of Plants (e-audio)
- 18 Tiny Deaths (ebook - with pictures)
- The Overstory (ebook)
- How to Do Nothing (ebook and e-audio + podcast episode)
- The Shadow King
- The Need (ebook and e-audio)
Library COVID-19 news: Our programs and events will be digital this summer. The library building will not be open to the public on May 18th. Please stay tuned on our social media, website, and/or newsletter for up-to-date information!