Welcome to town! Since you're just starting out, we've put together a very basic list of need-to-know information. Once you settle in, swing by or call us — we're here to help you get to know Lawrence and everything it has to offer.
What are we missing? Suggest resources for new residents here.
- Get to know what we call the "Heart of the City"
- The go-to place for everything you need to know about eating, shopping, playing, and staying in Lawrence
- Parks and Recreation, utilities, City Commission meetings, and more!
- The only emergency homeless shelter serving Lawrence and Douglas County in Kansas
- A coordinated transit service between the Lawrence Transit System and KU on Wheels
IMAGE: Courtesy of Shannon LaBelle