Welcome to our Oranges & Peaches podcast! In our very first episode, hosts Hazlett and Ruby introduce the show (and explain why the heck we called a library podcast Oranges & Peaches!) and dig into one of our favorite library resources — digital newspaper archives!
O&P Show Notes
- Ready to start your own search? Head to the library's local history page and click 'NewspaperARCHIVE': www.lplks.org/resources/genealog…-and-local-history, opens a new window
- Learn about the sit-in at Wescoe’s office: www.kuhistory.ku.edu/articles/we-shall-overcome, opens a new window
- Find some historical photos in the KU photo archives: www.digital.lib.ku.edu/ku-uaphotos/root, opens a new window
- A cute video of digitizing newspapers... it’s a lot of work! www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDa-KDsWYb4, opens a new window
- About Tom Tryniski’s project: www.cjr.org/the_profile/tom-try…i-fultonhistory.php, opens a new window
- User-friendly search interface to look at Tom’s digitized newspaper project: fultonsearch.org/, opens a new window
For some prime Microfilm scrolling content, check this out from the library...
Ruby is reading...
Hazlett is reading...
PS — What is "blockbusting"?
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blockbusting, opens a new window