Welcome to our Oranges & Peaches podcast! In our very first episode, hosts Hazlett and Ruby introduce the show (and explain why the heck we called a library podcast Oranges & Peaches!) and dig into one of our favorite library resources — digital newspaper archives!
Oranges & Peaches is recorded in the SOUND+VISION Studio, opens a new window at Lawrence Public Library. Thanks to Joel Bonner, opens a new window for composing our jingle and editing the show.
O&P Show Notes
- Ready to start your own search? Head to the library's local history page and click 'NewspaperARCHIVE'
- Learn about the sit-in at Wescoe’s office
- Find some historical photos in the KU photo archives
- A cute video of digitizing newspapers... it’s a lot of work!
- About Tom Tryniski’s project
- User-friendly search interface to look at Tom’s digitized newspaper project
For some prime Microfilm scrolling content, check this out from the library...
Ruby is reading...
Hazlett is reading...
PS — What is "blockbusting"?
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/blockbusting, opens a new window
Got a question for us? We want to help!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chat: lplks.org/live-chat, opens a new window