It's Mental Health Awareness Month, so we’re joined by very special guest... Meg Hasselman, Program Coordinator and all-around great advocate from Kansas Suicide Prevention HQ (KSPHQ)!
O&P Show Notes
Summer Reading is here! There are prizes! It’s just for kids and teens this year, log your reading on the paper forms or use Beanstack. Adults can still do reading challenges this summer! Check out the Book Squad Goals.
RIP Hoopla : ( But we still have an ebook/digital audiobook service called Libby/Overdrive. It’s great!
The Sound + Vision studio is open! Details here for booking.
Mental Health Resources in the Community:
- Call or chat with KSPHQ, it’s free, confidential, and you don’t have to be in crisis to call. Their number is 785-841-2345. You can also text 7-4-1-7-4-1 if you’d like to text rather than calling.
- You can access mental health services through Bert Nash!
- And Heartland Community Health Center
- DCCA can help with substance use issues.
- KSPHQ also offers low-cost suggested donation therapy services.
- Douglas County Youth Prevention (DCYP)
- Sources of Strength program
- You can check out Mental Health kits
- And other health kits too
- And SAD lamps!
- Community Resource Guides and Events from LPL
- Health and Wellness Resource List (Research Databases)
- MedlinePlus has verified, freely accessible health information.
- Free yoga programs through the library.
Meg is reading...
Ruby is reading...
Hazlett is reading...
Got a question for Info Services? We want to help!
Email: email@example.com | Chat: lplks.org/live-chat | Visit: lplks.org