Ruby and Hazlett talk elections info ahead of our local November election. Don’t forget to register! And don’t confuse the library with an elections office!
BEFORE YOU GET ANY FURTHER -- you have until TUESDAY!! October 12th! to register to vote in this election! NOT WEDNESDAY! Gosh, I’m so embarrassed. Sorry, Jamie Shew.
O&P Show Notes
- Introducing… Community Resource Clinics! Tuesdays 3-5, in the auditorium! Get all your community resource questions answered by a rotating cast of community orgs.
- Ongoing… Booktoberfest! Find all the spooky, book-tastic (yes) events here.
- Coming up… the Fall Book Sale! It didn’t happen yet! Get some books Friday, October 22nd to Sunday, October 24th. Appointments required -- sign up here.
- The election is soooooon!! Tuesday, November 2nd. Lots of resources for your registration, your candidate research, and your general curiosity right here:
- County Voting & Elections page: the source of everything! Register to vote here! Figure out where to vote here! You could even become a candidate yourself here...
- A handy-dandy site, verified by the County Clerk’s Office, for registering to vote, checking your registration, and requesting an advance ballot: ksvotes.org
- The library’s Elections + Voting page, where you can find local candidate profiles and a list of past and upcoming forums! Recordings of past forums are linked when available.
- P.S. The address of the County Clerk is now 711 W. 23rd St. Such a good address! Right next to Pet World.
- Don’t forget to register to vote by Tuesday, October 12th! Then you can vote with an advance ballot by mail or at an advance voting location.
- And a last note on why voting in local elections matters…
Ruby is reading...
Hazlett is reading...
Got a question for Info Services? We want to help!
Email: email@example.com | Chat: lplks.org/live-chat | Visit: lplks.org