We love supporting education! Here’s a few ways we help schools, organizations, and homeschoolers.
Teacher loans are intended to supply materials for student use in the classroom and allow a teacher to keep professional use materials separate from personal use. All other borrowing privileges, including loan periods, renewals, and fine and fee amounts, are the same.
- Eligible teachers include: Teachers at any USD 497 school, preschools, daycares, or private schools in Lawrence or any teachers in a district in the Northeast Kansas Library System region not already served by a public library.
- To obtain a teacher card and yearly renewal: USD 497 teachers need to show a current school ID at the Accounts desk All other teachers must show current documentation that they are employed by at one of the above listed institutions.
An organization card is available to organizations and businesses located within Lawrence whose owner or administrator accepts financial responsibility for all items borrowed on the account including fees associated with items returned late, items returned with damage, and items never returned. Organization loans are intended to supply materials for organization use where it is more appropriate for an organization to assume responsibility for items rather than an individual. All borrowing privileges, including loan periods, renewals and fine and fee amounts, are the same.
- To obtain an organization card and yearly renewal: Owner or administrator must present a signed letter on official letterhead indicating that the organization accepts financial responsibility. Present a photo ID and complete application with contact information. List staff members authorized to use the account
Kids’ Book Club in a Bag If you need a classroom set for a book discussion, our Book Club in a Bag service can make your next book club meeting easier.
- Each bag has 10-15 copies of great book club selection + a reading guide.
- Choose from more than 50 teen titles.
- Quick and easy! Reservation software, KitKeeper, lets you see all bags in one place - Reserve by title or choose kits available the month you need them.
- Access KitKeeper through the Book Club Hub.
Library Field Trips or LPL at Your School!
- Field Trips- LPL offers tours, introductions to the library and its resources, show your new sixth graders what the Kid's Room has to offer, library card sign-ups, and storytimes for your PreK-12 classes. Please submit your request at least three weeks in advance of your desired visit. Fill out the field trip form to schedule a visit to LPL for your students!
- LPL at your school- We love to get out in the community and visit with your students. We can bring a storytime to you, talk about the latest good reads, or showcase the resources and activities LPL has to offer for children and teens. Fill out this outreach form to schedule a time for the library to come to you.
- Educator Collection Requests- The youth services staff will use their expertise to help find resources for your information needs. Please fill out this form to give us an idea of what you are looking for and when you need the items by.