Second Tuesday each month | 7 PM | Meeting Room C
Like world-building fantasy? Eerie dystopias? Far-out sci fi? This club is for you! Have no idea what we’re talking about, but want to discuss weird books with cool people? This club is also for you!
Speculative Fiction, “an umbrella term for science fiction, fantasy, and several other subgenres of improbably what-ifs” (Karen Lord, 2016), is the basis for this book club. It meets at 7:00pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at the library to discuss a different book and the genre as a whole.
Due to the ever changing nature of the pandemic, please verify meeting place with club host before attending. email@example.com
- August 10 - The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham-Jones
- September 14 - Kindred by Octavia E. Butler
- October 12 - Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- November 9 - Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell
- December 14 - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo