The DCF Independent Living Program provides services and supports to youth for a successful transition to self-sufficiency. To be eligible for services and supports, young people must have experienced foster care at age 14 or older. Youth can get assistance with just about every aspect of life from employment to transportation to housing. Specific eligibility requirements vary for individual services.
Services and supports include, but are not limited to:
- financial support for post secondary education and/or certified training programs,
- room and board assistance,
- transportation costs,
- book and materials related to education or training plan,
- leadership opportunities, and
- medical services through the Medical Card Extension Program.
Brochure for more information: https://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/IL%20Self-Sufficiency%20Program%20Brochure.pdf
Program Contact Information
Independent Living Program Manager
Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF)
Protection & Prevention Services (PPS)
555 S. Kansas Ave., 4th Floor
Topeka, KS 66603