It's Kansas Reads to Preschoolers Month! Every November we feature the book chosen by the State Librarian and the Kansas Reads to Preschoolers Committee in storytimes and give away FREE BOOKS to every storytime attendee. It's one of my favorite programs of the year because there's nothing quite like giving away books to kids who have just had the joy of listening to it read by one of our awesome storytellers or special guests. This year the KRP Pick is...
It's available digitally on Bookflix, which all Kansas residents can access for free through the State Library’s website, and you can watch it on Kanopy too!
This year the plot got a little twisted because we aren't holding storytimes in person, but we are hoping to bring you the magic and fun of Kansas Reads to Preschoolers (KRP) through virtual programs and, of course, FREE BOOKS. Here's how you can join in on the KRP celebrations.
Grab a FREE BOOK from the Readers' Theater anytime during November (as supplies last).
- Groovy Joe: Ice Cream and Dinosaurs, opens a new windowby Eric Litwin
- We've added a couple of titles to feature and give away to make the month a bit more exciting and diverse.
- Los Pollitos, opens a new windowby Susie Jaramillo
- Squeak, Rumble, Whomp, Whomp, Whomp, opens a new window by Wynton Marsalis
Watch a virtual storytime! Your favorite storytellers will be reading the KRP Pick and our additions throughout the month of November!
Up for a challenge? Head to Beanstack to complete the KRP Challenge. Families earning all of their badges for KRP will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Toy Store gift certificate.
- Read 100 books
- Watch 3 virtual storytimes
- Complete the Downtown Storywalk, opens a new window
- Printed copies of the map will be located next to the kid catalogs.
- Check out / place a hold on a Wonderbook, opens a new window
- Check out a book bundle
- Get 5 in a row on our Early Lit Bingo, opens a new window
- Printed copies will be located next to the kid catalogs.
- Pick up a free copy of a KRP book