In order to keep the library at a safe capacity, we are not able to offer VolunTeen positions for shelving this year. But never fear! Instead, this fall we'll be offering a new way for Lawrence teens in grades 6-12 to volunteer virtually.
Starting September 1st, you can write digital reviews for the library to earn volunteer hours. For every 100+ word review you write, you'll earn one hour of volunteering credit.
Here's how it works!
- Log into your Bibliocommons account with your LPL library card (call us at 785-843-3833 if you need assistance logging in).
- Search the catalog for an item you'd like to review. It can be anything the library offers - books, movies, comics, board games, anything!
- Scroll down to the bottom of the item's page and click "Add a Comment". You can type out your review here or write it in advance and copy/paste it here - as long as it is 100+ words, it will count for one hour. When you're done, click "Post Comment".
- Once you've posted your comment, scroll down again on the item page to view your comment. Click on the new window button (to the right of the "Like" button) to open your comment's individual link.
- Fill out the VolunTeen Virtual Review Submission form to submit your comment for staff to review. A staff member will get back to you to confirm your total volunteer hours within a week.
- Repeat the process to earn more hours!