Lawrence Habitat's Critical Home Repair Program provides critical home repair and critical system replacements for those financial and/or physically unable to make the changes on their own.
Critical Repair Projects Include:
- Roof Repairs/Replacements
- Furnace & other system replacement (e.g., A/C)
- Hot water heater
- Ramp and Interior Accessibility
- Plumbing work
- Electrical Work
- Mechanical Work
- Large Exterior Painting
How it Works / Repayment:
- Cost for the project is on a sliding scale based on total household income levels
- Interest-Free Repayment Plan at completion of project
- 5 hours of sweat/social equity (i.e., writing thank you letters & testimonials to donors)
- Applicants will be required to sign a promissory note for balance of payment upon project completion
- For assistance filling out an application, contact the Lawrence Habitat Office at (785)-832-0777
Do I Qualify?
- Applicant must own & reside in the home
- Applicant's name must be on the deed
- Home must be on a foundation. Mobile homes are not eligible for this program.
- Adults in the home must earn under 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Applicant's must demonstrate willingness and ability to pay for the project
Lawrence Habitat for Humanity | (785)-832-0777 ext. 301| 720 Connecticut Lawrence, KS 66044