The Senior Resource Center provides resources and referrals for seniors and their loved ones for crisis support and critical needs, wheelchair accessible transportation, Medicare counseling, education, activities, and social engagement
- SHICK counselors are free, unbiased, and confidential counselors who can answer questions about Medicare and other insurance issues. Education on issues related to Medicare and health insurance. Call 785-727-7872 to inquire about this service.
- Elder Law Clinic, where an attorney from Kansas Legal Services comes each month to answer legal questions for Seniors. Six, 30-minute appointment slots are available. Takes place on the 2nd Monday of each month from 9am-12pm, must schedule an appointment.
- Rent & Utility Assistance for Seniors
- Assistance for seniors experiencing elder abuse and/or neglect
- Senior Wheels Program, is a fleet of six, wheelchair accessible vehicles ready to provide transportation for seniors across Douglas County. Rides are provided to those 60+, on weekdays from 7am-3:30pm. To schedule, call 785-727-7876.
745 Vermont Street | 785-842-0543 | email@example.com