About the Friends & Foundation
We believe that libraries play a vital role in communities and private donations are needed to enhance public funding libraries receive. While private funding cannot replace strong public library funding of the Lawrence Public Library, it is clear that the library can no longer rely solely on city funding to give children, students, and adults full access to the information and services they need.
We are a volunteer powered organization and our volunteers move actual mountains of books—around 4,000 books come through our doors each week.
Friends & Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Gifts to Friends & Foundation may be designated for the library's unrestricted needs, its endowment fund or for larger, capital requirements.
2022 Friends & Foundation Board
- Rachel Rademacher, Chairperson
- Brandon Eisman, Vice-chairperson
- Joan Golden, Treasurer
- Jane Medina, Secretary
- Annamarie Hill, On-Site Sales committee chair
- Stan Ring, Internet Sales committee chair
- Dan Storey, Membership & Fundraising committee chair
- Mary Gage
- Nancy Hambleton
- Kassie Nieters
- Craig Penzler
- Imani Wadud
- David Vance, Lawrence Public Library Board of Trustees Representative
- Brad Allen, ex-officio
Federal Tax ID Number 48-1179872
Lawrence Public Library Friends & Foundation 2021 Form 990