Welcome to the Studio!
The SOUND + VISION Studio is a free community resource for all of your audio visual needs. Whether you want to start a podcast, film an interview, or produce your band’s hit song, the studio has you covered! Keep an eye on this page and our Facebook page for information regarding upcoming training sessions, changes to policies, equipment, or availability, and other news about the studio.
About the Studio
- The SOUND + VISION Studio is free! All that's required to book a session is that you be at least 18 years old and have a Lawrence Public Library card in good standing.
- The SOUND + VISION Studio is comprised of 4 separate spaces:
- Creative Suite A for basic audio recording and editing
- Creative Suite B for visual projects like video editing and graphics
- Creative Suite C for video, graphics, and analog to digital transfers
- The AV Recording Studio - 3 room studio for full audio/video production
- The library does not provide an engineer for your session. Our staff will be available for the first 30 minutes or so to help you get up and running and to answer any questions. After that you’ll be on your own to run the session. If you have experience with multimedia software then you should be all set. If not, we highly recommend working with an outside engineer to ensure that your session goes smoothly. Need help finding an engineer? See our Engineers Page or contact our studio manager Jim Barnes at email@example.com for more information.
- All data (audio files, video files, etc) is deleted from the computer following each session. Please make sure to bring a flash drive or larger external hard drive to save your data. If you plan to record video, please be aware that the files created can be large and may require increased storage space and transfer times. Please plan accordingly.
- Users are responsible for putting away all equipment (mics, cables, amps, lighting, etc) at the end of their session and must be finished with all cleanup (including file transfers) by the end of their scheduled session time.
- Food and drink are not allowed with the exception of water in a sealable container.
SOUND + VISION Booking Policies
- Users are allowed to reserve 2 sessions per month in the Recording Studio and 4 sessions per month in the Creative Suites. Sessions may be scheduled back to back.
- Users must present a photo ID at the Technology Desk before attending their session.
- The individual who booked the reservation must be present during the session.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you are going to be late, please let us know by calling the Technology Desk at 785-843-3833 (x139) or by emailing our studio manager Jim Barnes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are more than 30 minutes late and do not let us know, or you simply do not attend your session without informing us, your session will be considered a “no-call no-show.” A no-call no-show will result in your session being re-booked, the cancellation of all of your upcoming sessions, and you will not be allowed to book new sessions for a period of 2 months. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the SOUND + VISION Studio available to all members of our community.