Welcome to the Studio!
The SOUND+VISION Studio is a free community resource for all of your audio visual needs. Whether you want to start a podcast, film an interview, or produce your band’s hit song, the studio has you covered! Follow our social media for news about upcoming training sessions and events.
- All that's required to book a session is that you be at least 18 years old and have a Lawrence Public Library card in good standing.
- The SOUND+VISION Studio includes 5 separate spaces:
- Creative Suite A - booth for basic audio recording and editing
- Creative Suite B - booth for Adobe Creative Cloud access
- Creative Suite C - booth for digitization, Adobe Creative Cloud access and more
- The Recording Studio - 2 room studio for full audio production
- The Videocast Studio - 1 room studio for podcasts, videos, and audiobooks
- The library does not provide an engineer for your session. Staff will be available for the first 30 minutes or so to help you get started and to answer questions. After that you’ll be on your own to run the session. If you have experience with multimedia software then you should be all set. If not, we highly recommend working with an outside engineer to ensure that your session goes smoothly. Need help finding an engineer? See our Engineers Page or contact studio specialist Matthew Pelsma at email@example.com for more information.
- All personal files are deleted from the computer after each session. Please bring a flash drive or external hard drive to save your data. If you plan to record video, note that files can be large and may need extra storage space and transfer times. Please plan accordingly. 64GB flash drives and SD cards are available for purchase at the Technology Desk.
- Users are responsible for putting away equipment (mics, cables, amps, etc) at the end of their session and must be finished with all cleanup (including file transfers) by the end of their scheduled session time.
- Food and drink are not allowed with the exception of water in a sealable container.
SOUND+VISION Booking Policies
- You may reserve in advance 2 sessions per month in the Recording Studio and Videocast Studio, and 4 sessions per month in the Creative Suites. Unlimited day-of bookings are allowed if space is available.
- Please present your photo ID at the Technology Desk before attending your session.
- The individual who booked the reservation must be present during the session.
- If you are going to be late, let us know by calling the Technology Desk at 785-843-3833 (x139).
- Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Canceling more than 1 hour after your session start time is considered a no-call no-show (see below).
- If you are more than 30 minutes late or absent and do not let us know, your session may be rebooked to allow others to use the space. Multiple no-call no-shows will result in not being able to book new sessions for 2 months. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping the SOUND+VISION Studio available to all members of our community.