Library Card Registration
Please note that this form is for new library cards only. If you need a replacement card please come to the Accounts desk inside the library with your photo ID.
Any resident of Northeastern Kansas is eligible to obtain a library card with no charge. Anyone 18 years and older may apply online directly. Parents or guardians of children under 18 may apply for their child. Please complete this application and come to the Accounts desk to pick up your new card. When you visit you will need to bring:
- A valid photo ID: This ID can be in the form of any state driver’s license, state ID, passport, military ID, or student ID.
- Proof of address: This may include an ID with the current address, a piece of postmarked mail such as a bill, a lease agreement, a check, a pay stub, a change of address letter from the post office, or an e-bill (if you can show it on your smartphone). The applicant’s or applicant’s guardian’s name must appear on the proof of address.
- Parents or guardians applying for a child must bring the child to the library when picking up the card
This application is a contract between you and the library. Please read the following carefully before applying.
- I am a resident of Northeastern Kansasopens a new window.
- I will alert the library if my contact information changes.
- I accept responsibility for all fines assessed on my or my minor child’s card for items returned late, items never returned, and items returned damaged. Excessively delinquent accounts may be handed over to a collection agency. (Borrowers Informationopens a new window)
- I am responsible for keeping track of my due dates. I understand that any notices sent out by the library are a courtesy only and failure to receive them does not excuse me from any charges.
- I am responsible for whatever is borrowed with my card. I will alert the library if my card is lost or stolen. I am responsible for any activity prior to my report.