Library Reopening Plan
PHASE 3 — LPL Express: Expanded building access, hours, and services
Begins June 29, 2020 | 50-visitor limit inside during business hours
Welcome to "LPL Express"
Please keep your visit short and sweet. Aim for a 15-minute stay unless using the Computer Lab.
MON–FRI | 10 AM-6 PM
SAT–SUN | 12-6 PM
Starting Dec 5, 2020 the library will be open 10 AM–6 PM on Saturdays.
LPL Express services are designed for convenience, safety, and efficiency during your library visit.
We invite you to pick out items, use the self check-out stations, access public computers, ask quick account questions, and use the expanded services listed below. We'll have convenient book, DVD, and music CD displays so you can easily grab something and be on your way.
Some visits will last longer. 15 minutes is guideline, not a rule. Please plan ahead to optimize your time and just try your best. We appreciate the effort!
LPL Express Visit Types
For everyone's safety
- Stay home if you're sick / not feeling well
- Wear your mask properly inside
- Limit interactions with staff
- Keep a 6-foot distance from others
- Refrain from hanging out, congregating, and sitting on the floor
- Respect the safety shields at our service desks; speak through and not around them
Note: In the map below, areas in green are open for use, while those in gray are closed.
MIDCO Computer Lab
Limited in-person assistance
- 1-hour device-charging session per user/day
- 1-hour public computer session per user/day
- 1-hour personal laptop session per user/day
- self-service copy / print (free up to $2.50)
- self-service scan / fax
- computer availability is limited
- computers will be socially distanced
- located in the Auditorium
- no hands-on staff assistance
Expanded library services
Limited in-person assistance
- browse the collections
- check out magazines
- place / receive interlibrary loans (ILL)
- return items inside
- use a public payphone
- use a catalog computer
- use our restrooms
- use water bottle filling station
Do online or by phone
We're not quite ready for...
- eating food inside
- hanging out
- in-house events / programs
- in-house reading / studying
- indoor art exhibits
- meetings / study groups
- public bulletin board
- sharing items like laptops, magazines, newspapers, children’s toys, pillows, etc.
Spaces taking a break
- kid / teen computers
- meeting / study rooms
- north / south reading corners
- newspaper / magazine reading area
- public seating areas
- The Merc Café
- Teen Zone, Kids' Corner, Cozy Nooks, Readers' Theater, and Quiet Spot
- Library Lower Level which includes the SOUND+VISION Studio and Local History Room
PHASE 4 — Back to “normal” as the library you know and love
Date to be determined.
PHASE 2 — Limited building access, hours, and services
Began June 1, 2020; Open daily from 12-6 PM
Phase 2 — Opening the Main Lobby, Accounts Desk, and self-check machines
PHASE 1 — Building closed to the public with outdoor walk-up services
Began May 18, 2020
PHASE 1.5 — Placing holds resumes
Began May 26, 2020
Phase 1 — Walk-up services only