You can communicate with other library members by sending brief text messages. If you’re familiar with text messaging on your mobile phone, or instant messaging on your computer, you’ll understand how this feature works.
You can use this feature to engage others in conversations about titles you both enjoyed, or ask questions of others who have expertise in a particular area. For example, if you saw a summary that lead you to a book or movie you really enjoyed, you might want to send the author of the summary a quick message.
► To send someone a message
- Log in to your account.
- Look for a user’s name, and then point to it until you see a popup.
- In the popup, click Message.
- In the Send a message popup, type the message.
- Click Send. The popup closes. A confirmation message appears.
- All messages you send are shown on your Sent Messages page.
- You can also reply to a message sent to you. Once you’ve read it, just type in the box below the message and click Send.