The Account Preferences pages enable you to:
- manage your saved searches,
- specify your default pickup location, and enable one-click holds,
- specify your default language (if your library catalog is provided in more than one language)
- specify whether not you want to see spoiler alerts and other flagged content, and
- enable or disable borrowing history.
► To change your account preferences
- Log in to your account.
- On the menu, click My Settings.
- On the My Settings page, find the Account Preferences section.
- Click Change next to the setting you want to change.
If you frequently search for the same things in the library catalog, you can save your searches, so you can quickly rerun them when you want to. You can also edit and delete saved searches.
► To run or manage your saved searches
- From the My Settings page, go to the Saved Searches page.
- Click a search name to run it, or click its checkbox to delete it.
Holds and Pickup Location
If your library has more than one branch or location, and you use some more than others, you can define up to three locations as ones you use the most. The first location you specify is your default pickup location. If you are logged in and you place a hold, this location will be shown, so you don’t have to select it every time.
All locations affect search results. An item appearing in search results will show Available at preferred location, Available in some locations, or No copies available. You may find this useful if you live near one branch and work near another, and you want to determine which one has an available copy of an item you want. If your library has only one location, you won’t see a Holds and Pickup Location page in your Account Preferences.
► To change or add a pickup location
- From the My Settings page, go to the Holds and Pickup Location page.
- Your current default pickup location is shown. To change it, select a different one from the dropdown list.
- To add another branch, click Add Another Location, and then select the branch from the dropdown list.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: Enabling Single-Click Holds lets you bypass confirming your default pickup location. As the name suggests, your hold will be placed as soon as you click the Place Hold button. For details, see Enabling Single-Click Holds.
Community Content Defaults
The catalog enables large numbers of users to contribute content. The reporting system allows other users to identify inappropriate comments and other community-created content that contains spoilers or offensive content, while preserving everyone’s ability to express themselves.
By default, such content is visible but marked Tagged as Offensive or Contains Spoilers. If you would prefer not to see this content, turn these settings on.
You can always see individual comments by clicking the Show link.
► To hide flagged content
- From the My Settings page, go to the Community Content Defaults page.
- Click the appropriate setting to turn it on.
For more information on flagging inappropriate content and spoilers, see Reporting Inappropriate Content.
Your library does not keep records of your borrowing without your permission. However, when you enable the Borrowing History feature, the system will start building a list of all the titles you borrow.
► To enable borrowing history
- From the My Settings page, go to the Borrowing History page.
- Click the setting to turn it on.
For more details about this feature, see Borrowing History.
- If you don’t see a Borrowing History option under Account Preferences, this feature is not enabled at your library.
- Borrowing History is different from your Completed shelf. Your Completed shelf stores every item you rate or comment on. You can also add titles directly to this shelf, such as books you have at home. Borrowing History tracks items you borrow from your library. You can’t add items to this page.