The Account Information pages enable you to:
- change the email address associated with your account,
- change your username,
- specify whether the catalog shows your username or real name when you log in, and when you contribute content to the catalog, and
- change your PIN or password.
► To change your account information
- Log in to your account.
- On the menu, click My Settings.
- On the My Settings page, find the Account Information section.
- Click Change next to the setting you want to change.
Changing Your Email Address
Your email address is required if you ever need to reset your PIN/password. Your library may also use it to send you notifications of items that are overdue or for holds that are ready for pickup.
► To change your email address
- Go to the Email Address page.
- In the Email field, delete the current email address and enter the new one you want to use.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once you have entered a new address, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Your change will take effect only after you have responded to the confirmation message.
- An email address is not required when you register. However, you cannot erase an existing address and leave the field blank.
- Your Digital Notification email is used to contact you when an eBook or downloadable audiobook is available. It can be different from the email address the library uses to contact you.
Setting Your Display Name
Your username is the name that will be displayed publicly next to any comments or summaries that you contribute to the site. You may also choose to use your real name. You created a username the first time you signed in and registered.
► To change your display name
- Go to the Username page.
- If you’d like to change your username, type the new name in the Username field.
- By default, your username will appear in the catalog. If you’d like to use your real name, select Full Name from the Display in Publicdropdown.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Note: Regardless of whether you use your real name or your username as your public screen name, you must choose a username. You cannot leave the Username field blank.
Changing Your PIN/Password
Along with your barcode, you enter your PIN/password to log in to your account. It was provided to you when you got your library card. Depending on the system your library uses, your PIN may be a four-digit number, or it may be up to 25 digits that combine letters and numbers. To maintain security, it’s a good idea to change your PIN from the default that was issued to you.
► To change your PIN/password
- Go to the PIN/Password page.
- In the Old PIN field, enter your existing PIN.
- In the New PIN field, enter the new PIN you want to use.
- In the Confirm New PIN field, enter the new PIN again.
- Click Save Password.