Tax Information

While many tax forms can be printed from the IRS website, employer returns such as W-2 and information returns such as 1099-MISC must be ordered from the IRS. Please consult the following information for access to additional forms and tax assistance.



Federal tax forms, instruction booklets and supplemental forms are available online at or can be requested at 1-800-829-3676.

IRS Frequently Asked Questions

Local IRS Offices:

  • Topeka Office:
    (785) 235-3053 or (844) 545-5640
    120 S.E. Sixth Ave., Topeka, KS 66603
  • Overland Park Office:
    (816) 966-2840 or (844) 545-5640
    6717 Shawnee Mission Pkwy, Overland Park, KS 66202
  • Topeka Virtual Assistance
    (844) 545-5640

Telephone assistance for individuals: Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040; Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time

To order forms by mail: 1-800-829-3676 or

File online:


Kansas State Tax Forms and Publications:

Kansas Taxpayer Assistance Center: (785) 368-8222,, Scott State Office Building, 120 S.E. 10th St., Topeka, KS

Note: At this time, free in-person local tax help has been suspended indefinitely until the health situation improves. 

We will update this page as information changes. 

Taxpayers are encouraged to seek other options immediately—don’t wait until July just because the deadline is pushed back.There is an info number to call for updates from our local AARP Tax Aide program: 785-813-1136


Taxpayers are encouraged to try out the IRS Free File site (, opens a new window) , as well as the free KS filing site (, opens a new window ). 

  • United Way and H&R Block offer free online tax prep and filing via MyFreeTaxes
    • If your household earned less than $66,000 in 2019, you can file both your federal and state returns for FREE 
    • This is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit and includes both State and Federal filing and any type of filing whether self-employment, contract labor, investment income, etc.
    • FAQ can be found at
Print this page