The VolunTeens program is back and better than ever!
Here's how it works!
- Fill out this application
- Download, print, and fill out the following forms: Permission/Agreement/Photo & Video Consent Form or pick them up in the Teen Zone.
- Email the forms to Sahara, email@example.com, or return them to the Teen Zone
- Wait to hear back from us to get started!
How old do I have to be to join the VolunTeen program?
This program is for teens in grades 6-12.
I need a signed form to prove my volunteer hours, help!
Yes, we can sign off on volunteer hours for you! If you have a specific form you need signed we can arrange a time to sign off on that, otherwise we can email you an official volunteer hours form signed by a staff member. Email Sahara at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
What will I be doing as a VolunTeen, I've never been one before?
There are several things our teen volunteers will be helping with and there will be training. These are some activities you'll be helping with:
1) Shelving Assistant.
Helping shelve Children (2 hours) or YA books (1 hour)
2) Assisting with programs.
We always could use extra hands with crafts, packing up summer reading prizes, and extra help during a scheduled program
3) Creating library related social media post (for TikTok & Instagram).
This could be talking about your favorite web-series or book, doing a trendy dance to promote a program, or anything that you would like to create that's library related
4) Attending at least one TAB meeting.
These meetings are every first Sunday of the month
- 1) Shelving Assistant.